Hands down, this is the most delicious muffin recipe I’ve ever cooked with! (you know I do a lot of packet mixes, so I don’t have a whole lot to compare to….but if this is what happens when you cook from scratch, then i am converted!) I might not be a world renowned chef, but this is beyond delicious and you’ve asked for the recipe…so here it it! Make sure you let me know what you think of it when you try it – i’d love to hear your thoughts!
3 cups (375g) plain flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large eggs (room temperature)
1/3 (80g) cup sour cream (room temperature)
1 cup (200g) sugar
1 cup (240ml) milk
1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil
1/3 cup (80g) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cool
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 and 1/2 cups (270g) chocolate chips (mixture of white and milk)
sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 220*C. Generously grease a jumbo 6-muffin pan with butter or non-stick spray or line with muffin liners. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, sour cream and sugar together until combined. Then whisk the milk, oil, melted butter and vanilla extract. Mixture will be pale yellow. Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix together gently. Avoid over mixing (should take approximately 20 folds). The batter will be thick and somewhat lumpy. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter among prepared muffin pan, filling all the way to the top. Sprinkle with sugar (this will make them extra crunchy). Bake at 220* for 5 minutes, then, keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 175*C and continue to bake for 25 minutes until the tops are light golden brown and centers are set.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan before removing and serving.
- Cover leftover muffins and store at room temperature for 5 days or in the fridge for 1 week. Muffins freeze well for up to 3 months. Than in the fridge on on your bench.
This recipe was derived from Sally’s Baking Addiction. The original version can be found here
Hope you love!
Remember to tag me in your Insta Stories when you make it!