It’s no secret, I am a HUGE fan of breakfast. So much so, that I sometimes over indulge a little….which is why I find it important to have healthy options at breakfast. (When I say over indulge, I honestly mean that. When I was a kid, I used to eat 6 WheetBix every morning for breakfast. NO JOKE! Ask my Mum. And that was during the week when we would be rushing out the door for school. On the weekend when I had more time and could REALLY sit and enjoy my breakfast, I used to polish of 10 or 12! I still can’t believe it myself. I haven’t tried it again as an adult to see how many I can eat….might add that the the list of things to accomplish now that I am a grown up and obviously make really mature decisions…..)
When it comes to healthy breakfasts, it doesn’t get any better than my Healthy Porridge! Quick and easy….and it is SO good for you!
I’ll pop the recipe below, scroll down and check it out. Make sure you let me know what you think of it when you try it – i’d love to hear your thoughts!
1/4 cup rolled oats (i use quick oats)
1/2 green pear (cut into small pieces)
2/3 cup almond milk (or skim milk etc)
1 teaspoon maple syrup
2 drops vanilla essence
pinch ground cinnamon
- Pour milk and rolled oats into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Add in chopped pear and raspberries.
- Allow to simmer until they have reached your desired consistency. (I like mine quite thick and chunky. If you prefer runny porridge, you may have to add more almond milk).
- Remove fro the heat. Add cinnamon and vanilla. Stir.
- Scoop into a bowl and add a drizzle of maple syrup.
- As an extra you can add dates or walnuts for a little somethin’ somethin’.
Hope you love!
Remember to tag me in your Insta Stories when you make it!